Data Controller and Data Protection Officer
The Data Controller is Dedalus Italia S.p.A., with registered office in Via di Collodi 6/c – 50141 Firenze, VAT no. 05994810488. Dedalus appointed a Data Protection Officer who can be reached by sending an email to .
Types of personal data processed
During the consultation of the Website, Dedalus will collect personal data related to you (e.g., identification data, IP address, etc.). No special categories of personal data, as defined by art. 9 GDPR, will be collected.
Purposes and legal bases of the processing
The collection and processing of personal data will be performed respecting the applicable legal requirements, for the following purposes:
- ensure the correct functioning of the Website, according to art. 6.1, let. b) and f) of the GDPR;
- analyse your preferences with regards to the use of the Website, with your consent, according to art. 6.1, let. a) of the GDPR;
- comply with legal requirements, according to art. 6.1, let. c) of the GDPR;
- defend Dedalus’ rights in the context of legal proceedings, according to art. 6.1, let. f) GDPR;
- pursue Dedalus’ legitimate interest to implement its internal controls and risk management system, according to art. 6.1, let. f) GDPR;
- pursue Dedalus’ legitimate interest to the management and continuous improvement of its internal processes, according to art. 6.1, let. f) GDPR.
The provision of your personal data is optional but failing to do so may not give you the possibility to navigate through the Website.
Cookies – Definitions, characteristics, and application of standards
Cookies are small text files that may be sent to and registered on your computer or mobile device by the websites you visit, to then be re-sent to those same sites when you visit them again. It is thanks to these cookies that those websites can “remember” your actions and preferences (e.g., login data, language, font size, other display settings, etc.), so that you do not need to configure them again when you next visit the website, or when you change pages within a website.
When browsing a website, you may also receive cookies from websites or web servers other than the website being visited (i.e., third-party cookies).
There are various types of cookies, depending on their characteristics and functions, which may be stored on your computer or mobile device for different periods of time: “session cookies”, which are automatically deleted when you close your browser, and “persistent cookies”, which will remain on your device until their pre-set expiration period passes.
According to the law which may be applicable to you, your consent may not always be necessary for cookies to be used through the Website. In particular, “technical cookies” – i.e., cookies used exclusively to transmit messages over an electronic communications network, or otherwise strictly necessary to provide a service specifically requested by you – typically do not require this consent. In other words, cookies which are indispensable for operation of the Website or required to perform activities you request may be used without your consent. This may include cookies used for analytics purposes (used to collect aggregated information on the number of users of a website, and how those users visit the website), browsing or session cookies (used to allow users to login) and function cookies (used to allow memorization of choices made by a user when accessing the website, such as language or products selected for purchase, to improve the user’s experience).
On the other hand, “profiling cookies” – i.e., cookies used to create profiles on users and to send advertising messages in line with the preferences revealed by users while browsing websites – typically require specific consent from users, although this may vary according to the applicable law.
- Browsing or session cookies, to identify and authenticate users of a website;
- Function cookies, which allow users to browse a website according to a series of selected criteria (e.g., a certain language, products selected for purchase, etc.), to improve the services provided to those users;
- Analytics cookies, when used directly by a website operator to collect information, in an aggregate form, on the number of users and how they use a website.
On the other hand, “profiling cookies” – i.e., cookies used to create profiles on users and used to send advertising messages in line with the preferences revealed by users while browsing websites – require users’ prior consent.
Types of cookies used by the Website
This Website uses the following types of cookies:
- Browsing or session cookies, which are strictly necessary for the Website’s operation and/or to allow you to use the Website’s content and services;
- Functional cookies, which are used to activate specific Website functions and to configure the Website according to your choices (e.g., language), to improve your experience;
- Analytics cookies, which allow Dedalus to understand how users make use of the Website, and to track traffic to and from the Website. The information collected by these cookies is processed in an aggregate and anonymous form, with no information on your specific ID being collected – therefore, the use of these cookies does not involve the use of your Personal Data.
Moreover, Dedalus uses third-party cookies – i.e., cookies from websites / web servers other than the Website, which are used by the third parties owners of such websites / webservers for their autonomous purposes (including for profiling purposes). Regarding such cookies, the third parties shall be considered as autonomous data controllers, and therefore you must refer to their privacy policies, information notices or other materials to obtain more information on them.
CAUTION: If you block or delete technical and/or function cookies used by the Website, the Website may become impossible to browse, certain services or functions of the Website may become unavailable or other malfunctions may occur, in which case you will have to modify or manually enter some information or preferences every time you visit the Website.
You can block or delete all or some of the cookies used on the Website via your browser options. Your cookie preferences will be reset if different browsers are used to access the Website. If you block or delete technical and/or function cookies used by the Website, the Website may become impossible to browse, certain services or functions of the Website may become unavailable or other malfunctions may occur, in which case you will have to modify or manually enter some information or preferences every time you visit the Website. The choices made regarding the cookies on the Website will be recorded in a cookie. However, this cookie may in some circumstances not function properly: in such cases, we advise you to delete unwanted cookies and to inhibit their use also through the functionality of your browsers.
Preferences regarding cookies should be reset if the user uses different devices or browsers to access the Website.
For more information on how to set the preferences for cookies via your browser, refer to the following instructions:
Furthermore, you can manage your cookie preferences regarding this Website by using our cookie management interface.
Access to personal data
Your personal data collected through cookies shall be accessible to:
- Dedalus’ employees, as authorized subjects pursuant to Articles 29 and 32 of the GDPR;
- entities belonging to Dedalus’ group and/or suppliers (i.e.: IT providers, etc.) performing outsourcing activities on behalf of Dedalus, as data processors;
- third parties processing personal data as independent data controllers, if you have given your consent to the use of non-anonymous analytical or third-party profiling cookies;
- public bodies, in the context of legal proceedings or to comply with legal obligations.
Transfer of personal data
Dedalus may transfer your personal data collected through cookies by implementing one of the safeguards provided by the GDPR (e.g.: adoption of standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission, selection of subjects adhering to international programs for the free circulation of Data or operating in countries considered safe by the European Commission, etc.). Further information on this matter can be obtained from Dedalus and/or its DPO upon request at the contacts listed above.
The personal data will be stored for the time necessary to achieve the purposes for which they were collected, in compliance with the storage limitation and minimization principles set forth by art. 5.1, let. c) and e) GDPR.
Once the retention period expires, the personal data will be anonymized or erased.
Your rights pursuant to the GDPR
In relation to your personal data collected through cookies, you will be able to exercise your rights under Articles 15-22 GDPR, in the presence of the relevant regulatory prerequisites.
In particular, you will have the right to ask Dedalus for access to your personal data, the rectification or cancellation thereof, the limitation of processing in the cases set forth in Article 18 GDPR, as well as to obtain your Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, in the cases set forth in Article 20 GDPR.
In addition, you may formulate a request to object to the processing of your personal data pursuant to Article 21 GDPR where the reasons justifying the opposition must be highlighted: Dedalus reserves the right to evaluate your request, which will not be accepted if there are legitimate reasons to proceed with the processing that prevail over your interests, rights, and freedoms.
The relevant requests should be addressed in writing to Dedalus or to the DPO at the above contact-addresses.
Finally, you may lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority pursuant to Article 77 GDPR where you believe that the processing of your personal data conflicts with the applicable data protection legislation.